This Fountain is very special for us, being our first work in the area of supplies and was a good starting point for conducting water games at national and international level.
Built in the center of Toural Square, this fountain is a tribute to the Minho Revolution of 1846 or, as is known, the Revolution of Maria da Fonte, which opposed popular against the Chartist government. The revolution was instigated by "that woman there from the Minho / that of the sickle made sword / there must be in the history / a golden page!" - Excerpt from the Hymn of Maria da Fonte.
The Fountain has recently been moved, having spent the Toural Largo for Alameda Dr. Alfredo Pimenta, inserted into another source of our own too, in front of the Secondary School Francisco de Holanda in Guimarães.